Platform means the websites, mobile apps, mobile sites or other online properties through which we offer our Services.
We advise you to read it regularly to check for changes.
1. What data do we collect about you? Registration and other account information: When you register to use our Services, we may collect the following information about you depending on how you register on our Platform that can include mobile number and name amongst other basic info.
Data we collect automatically when you use of our Services: When you interact with our Platform or use our Services, we automatically collect various information that includes but is not limited to device information, location information, log data, click stream data, cookies and similar technologies.
Data from third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
2. Why do we process your personal information? We use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Most commonly but not limited to, we will use the data where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to improve, personalize and deliver our current and upcoming Services and Platform, to do our best to catch scam and fraud, to introduce Services and Platform features, to better serve you via help tools, and to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation with authorities as need be.
If you or your guardian (as the case may be) do not agree with the changes, please stop using the Services and Platform.
4. Your rights You may have certain legal rights regarding your personal data depending on the country you are in or how we interact with you. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or for any other reason.
Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within three months. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests.
In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
5. Communication and marketing We will communicate with you by email, SMS or in app notification in connection with our Services/Platform to confirm your registration, to inform you in case your listing has become live/expired and for other transactional messages in relation to our Services.
As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt-out of such messages.
When you register on Souqaz (www.souqaz.com) or on one of its affiliated platforms or one of its affiliates, or you provide your data when registering for any of the services offered on the Souqaz (www.souqaz.com) or one of its affiliated platforms or one of its affiliates, you agree to receive marketing communications which might include calls, messages or otherwise.
6. Who do we share your data with? We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
We use third party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our Services for example, cloud storage facilities such as Amazon Web Services or others. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the country you are currently in.
Souqaz has no control over the privacy policies of third parties that may apply to you. We therefore encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others. In order to improve our Services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyse how people are using our Platform/Service. We share your information with them in non-identifiable form for monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of the campaign delivery to our business partners and for internal business analysis.
We seek to improve our products and advertising by using third party providers like Microsoft Clarity to see how users use our platforms. By using our platforms, you agree that we and third party services providers can collect and use this data.
We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulators, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements. We may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
When you post an item for sale using our Services, you may choose to make certain personal information visible to other Souqaz users. This may include (but not limited to) your name, your email address, your location, your contact number, and your picture.
Please note, any information you provide to other users can always be shared by them with others so please exercise discretion in this respect.
7. International transfers You agree that we may transfer your personal data to third parties inside and outside of your country.
So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
8. Where do we store your data and for how long? The data we collect about you may be stored and processed inside as well as outside your country in secure servers in order to provide the best possible user experience for the Service and/or Platform, current or upcoming.
For example – for fast website or mobile application build up.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. Technical and organizational measures and processing security All the information we receive about you are stored on secure servers and we have basic measures that are suitable to protect your personal data.
Souqaz continually evaluates the security of its network and adequacy of its internal information security program which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of the Souqaz network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing.
In addition, we ensure that all payment data are encrypted using SSL technology.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
10. Contact For any additional information or to exercise your rights, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to the Help section on our Platforms.
If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy and our other Policies, you are not authorized to access or use the Platform(s) and Service(s).